Residential Aged Care

Some retirement villages offer on-site residential aged care or are located in close proximity offering residents a continuum of care in a familiar environment.

As the Commonwealth Government subsidises much of the cost associated with the provision of residential care, regional Aged Care Assessment Teams (ACATs) determine eligibility for admission. An ACAT assessment can be arranged through your own doctor, community health centre or hospital.

Once you move into the residential care centre, your care needs will receive a classification – this will help determine what you will need to pay for and what will be included as part of your subsidy

Information about how to arrange an assessment and all information about residential aged care can be found at the My Aged Care website.