- Village Manager of the Year
- Future Retirement Living Leader
- Retirement Living Innovation
- Best Design in a Village
- Best Refurbishment of a Village
- Excellence in Marketing
Members Log inClick here to join as a member
Future Retirement Living Leader
The retirement living sector is focused on ensuring senior Australians have a comfortable and enjoyable retirement – but this can’t happen without committed young talent entering our industry and emerging as the next generation of leaders to take us forward into an exciting new era.
The Award for Future Retirement Living Leader offers the opportunity for individuals to showcase their success in the retirement living industry and to be recognised by their peers.
The award reflects the industry’s commitment for supporting the next generation of leaders and demonstrates the important contribution this industry makes to the Australian economy.
To be a contender for the Rising Generation Award, nominees must showcase their technical skills, leadership abilities and capacity to innovate. Nominees will be armed with a vision about the retirement living industry’s evolution and the changes required, ensuring it thrives into the future.
The 2017 finalists for Future Retirement Living Leader are:
- Georgia Hill, Assistant Development Manager, Stockland – Given the opportunity to work on the $180 million redevelopment of Cardinal Freeman Retirement Village in the inner-west of Sydney, Georgia was promoted and expanded her responsibilities to include the development of two additional retirement Villages in Victoria. Excelling at providing leadership and showing innovative responses to a range of complex issues and challenges, Georgia has taken the lessons learnt from Cardinal Freeman to lead the Victorian project teams in ensuring the construction is managed with minimal disruption to residents.
- Ryan Lane, Regional Development Manager – NSW & ACT, Lendlease – Ryan has the massive task of managing the largest development villages in the Lendlease portfolio. He is responsible for the management and delivery of Coastal Waters (NSW), The Grove (ACT) and Isabella Gardens (ACT). In addition to this, Ryan is also working closely with the Head of Development on new site acquisitions. Ryan has delivered stages and products within budget and continues to deliver high quality homes and communities. He has worked across complex sites and has also managed to get challenging projects back on track.
- Theresa Watson, Projects Administrator, St Ives Retirement Living – Theresa is responsible for the administration of the St Ives Carine Village project. This includes the effective management of the schedule of specified requirements, contractor compliance, variations, and stakeholders. In her busy role Theresa has done an outstanding job at ensuring the project is executed to the highest possible standard. Theresa’s exceptional performance has proved to be invaluable both to the organisation, and the residents of St Ives Carine.
You must be a Property Council of Australia member to nominate for the National Retirement Living Awards. For more information, please email RLAwards@propertycouncil.com.au.
Ingenia Communities Group is a leading owner, developer and manager of seniors living accommodation in Australia. Ingenia owns and operates 65 communities across Australia, including traditional retirement villages, the country’s largest seniors rental portfolio and a growing portfolio of affordable seniors housing through its lifestyle parks business. With a presence in key urban and coastal markets, the Group is continuing to grow through acquisition and development.
Ingenia employs approximately 400 people and is committed to attracting and
developing the next generation of achievers as Ingenia’s business and the industry
continues to grow.
2016 AWARD WINNER
Emma Plasier established Shine Retirement in September 2015 after working in social housing and in business development for a village operator. Emma’s vision for Shine Retirement was to provide a service to help seniors navigate the sometimes-complex transition to retirement living by helping them understand the market and then guiding them in finding the “best-fit” retirement living option relative to their needs, wants and budget. Her concept has been enthusiastically embraced by clients and village operators alike, and now Shine Retirement provides additional services such as introductions to lawyers, real estate agents and financial planners, and even assisting in the coordination of removalists.